We recently announced some measures aimed making district council car parks in the Vale of White Horse more sustainable to manage. We can now confirm that we’ll be introducing these changes on Monday 4 April.
- Free parking will still be available but reduced to one hour a day*
- New fees will apply for parking for up to two hours
- All other charges will go up by 40p
- New and renewed permits will be valid for the specific car park they are issued for and will not be transferable.
*except for Southampton Street car park in Faringdon, which will continue to offer two hours free parking a day. Faringdon’s main supermarket is out of town so we hope that by offering two hours free in this town centre car park we will continue to encourage people to support local trade.
To ensure people know that the changes are coming, from today we’ll be carrying out a public awareness campaign. This will include information via the local press and our usual communication channels to parishes, residents and businesses.
Special notices will go up in our car parks around two weeks before the changes are introduced. We’ll also be running messages on our social media channels - so please do help us spread the word to residents throughout the district.
We’ve also put together this information<http://www.whitehorsedc.gov.uk/parkingchanges> to help explain what’s happening.
We have also prepared some posters, should you wish to print them off to display on public noticeboards.
- Faringdon and all Vale district<https://www.whitehorsedc.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2022/03/Faringdon-and-all-Vale.pdf>
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils