As there is now a Financial amendment to the original application P18/V0259/0, I wonder if the folk who made the original strong objections could reaffirm their views with, perhaps, a short additional note of objection to this latest attempt. These need to be submitted before 27th April, or asap.
Here are a few points others have pointed out:
STRONGLY OBJECT on the following basis:
- The site is now in the parish of Great Faringdon; hence, the documentation needs to be updated to acknowledge its conformance with the Faringdon Neighbourhood Plan.
- The Vale of White Horse has met its (now) three-year housing land supply and has no need for this development;
- There is now a local surplus of housing in this area as evidenced by the low rate of sales on similar new estates in Faringdon and in neighbouring villages. This will be further exacerbated with development of 7,500 dwellings to the west of Swindon, eight miles away;
- The original proposal for the whole site included several amenities which then withered away in subsequent proposals. This proposed application has little amenity and inadequate play provision;
- The allocation of dwellings for the whole of this site, which includes that occupied by Fernhill Gardens, was 200; this has now been met.
- The division of the original site was a ploy to propose a further development to meet the then unmet housing need in the Vale of White Horse; this is no longer required;
- The site is not financially viable; therefore, not building it would seem to be the most financially prudent option.
- Site does not protect the landscape setting of Great Coxwell