Thank you to everyone who contacted us to show your support, visited us at the Great Barn Festival or completed the interest form on our Website. Response has been good and we are pleased to say as of 5th October we had 23 supporters. However, now we need to gather more support if we are to hit our target to submit our application by 5th November.
We need 60% of the village - around 70 households to tell us they are potentially interested by the end of October.
Expressing an interest is all that is required at this stage. Your expression of interest does not imply any other obligation or commitment.
We have taken the first step to applying for funding by submitting the initial pre-Application Questionnaire to the Rural Community Energy Fund on 5th October.
Over the last few weeks we have:
- Held a stall at the Great Barn festival; thanks to everyone who visited us and filled out the interest form there. Thanks to Ainslie and the team at Boxed up Events.
- Attended the Great Big Green Day event in Faringdon where we discussed the proposed project with David Johnson. Again we found a lot of interest.
- Gained unanimous support for the feasibility study from the Parish Council and Support from the District Council.
- Approached relevant landowners around the village including the National Trust and received positive responses from them all.
- Led a very successful presentation of our project at the '20 Years of Climate Action in Oxfordshire' Conference.
- Applied for membership of the Oxford Community Action Group
- Contacted 6 Energy Consultancies with a view to Inviting To Tender for the work to complete the feasibility study.
Hopefully you will have seen the Community Energy Banners we erected around the village. Over the next few days we will leaflet the village and would be glad to tell you more about the project or answer any queries. If you are at all interested in the Project please contact us to let us know - with no obligation or commitment - either:
visit : https://greenergreatcoxwell.com/contact-page/
To find out more or to send us specific queries visit www.greenergreatcoxwell.com or e-mail email@example.com.
For general information from Greener Great Coxwell please mail : firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to arrange a public meeting for all the village in the near future.
Annabelle Zinovieff, Ken Hirons, Ian Mason, Karen Mason, Margaret O’Donohoe, Richard Benwell, Sophie Stainer, Jacqui Russell