To help prevent becoming a victim of theft and to ensure that your car is not an appealing target for a thief. Thames Valley Police would advise you to remove any valuables from your vehicles at night or when not in use and follow these key steps:
- Ensure your car is always left locked and secure.
- Do not leave possessions in your vehicle, whether valuable or not. A thief wouldn’t know the bag left on the back seat only contains a gym kit for example.
- Remove Sat Navs from your car, including the cradle and clean the suction mark from the window - a thief will expect to find it hidden in the glove compartment or under the seat.
- Do not leave valuables in your boot.
- Anti-tamper proof screws for number plates are available from vehicle accessory shops.
Please be vigilant when attending the local beauty spot car parks, consider your vehicle security and report any suspicious behaviour or vehicles to Thames Valley Police by calling 101.
For further crime prevention advice please click on the link below:
Message Sent By
Emma Tarry (Police, Communications Officer, Thames Valley)