The Parish Council are looking for a new member
It is your chance to make a difference by having a say about local issues, representing the views of Parishioners and getting involved for the benefit of the community.
The Parish Council need your help to keep the services in the village running.
If you would like to be considered or for further information, please contact the Clerk or Chair Jacqui Russell.
- At least 18 years old on the day of your nomination, and
- A British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member state of the European Union
You must also meet ONE of the following four criteria:
- You are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the parish in which you wish to stand from the day of your nomination onwards;
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish area during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election;
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination and the day of election has been in the parish area;
- You have lived in the parish area or within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election
Disqualifications from standing
There are certain people who are disqualified from being elected to a parish or community council in England and Wales.
You cannot be a candidate if at the time of your nomination and on the day of the election, any of the following are true:
- You are employed by the parish council or hold a paid office under the parish/community council (including joint boards or committees),
- You are the subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order,
- You have been sentenced to a term of imprisonment of three months or more (including a suspended sentence), without the option of a fine, during the five years before polling day
- You have been disqualified under the Representation of the People Act 1983 (which covers corrupt or illegal electoral practices and offences relating to donations) or under the Audit Commission Act1998
A person may also be disqualified from election if they have been disqualified from standing for election to a local authority following a decision of the First-tier Tribunal (formerly the Adjudication Panel for England or Wales).